1. How can I join the Singapore Polytechnic Toastmasters Club?
You have to be a graduate of Singapore Polytechnic as the club is opened to SP Alumni, students and staff. Friends of SP are also welcome to join us for our meeting.
2. How much do I need to pay?
Membership fees is S$144 yearly plus a one time registration fee of S$60.
3. What happens at a typical Chapter Meeting?
Members get together to learn and develop their communication and listening skills in a supportive and encouraging environment. Through the different segments of a Chapter Meeting, members are exposed to real time, hands-on learning opportunities.
Develop Communication Skills
Table Topics session: Acquire impromptu speaking skills by learning to think quick on your feet
Prepared Speech session: Hone existing and develop various speaking skills
Develop Listening Skills
Prepared Speech Evaluation session: Develop listening skills and practice giving feedback to fellow members to aid in their growth
Develop Leadership Skills
Benefit more from each meeting by taking up the various appointment roles available (Toastmaster-of-the-Evening, Sergeant-at-Arms, Ah Counter, Timer and etc) or join the Executive Committee to lead the club to a higher level!
4. What recognition will I receive?
- We hold an audience vote for the "Best Speaker", "Best Table Topic Speaker" and "Best Evaluator" during each Chapter Meeting.
- As you complete your manuals, you'll get the corresponding award. Please refer to Toastmasters Educational Program for more information.